Friday, February 29, 2008

Tiny Dancer

It is dance competition season. In our house that means very few free Saturdays for two months. Tot has been dancing for four years, and has improved so much this past year. It has been exciting to see her hard work and dedication pay off. She feels more confident and has even decided to do a solo in addition to competing with her team. Her solo is to Crazy Little Thing Called Love. She is loving the guitar prop that she uses in it. She thinks that she is quite the rocker!
Even though I absolutely DREAD competitions, having her on dance company does ensure that we at least get out of town a few times a year. Most of the time it is just to St. George, but we will take warmer weather whenever we can get it. She has danced in Disneyland, at Jazz games (Dad's favorite performances), Tuachan (this summer) and at many high school gyms and auditoriums across the state. As long as she loves to dance, we will keep doing it. But, I won't lie-I do get tired of it. After the zillionth curly messy bun that I have had to put in her hair, I really don't ever care to see another competition. However, after we have had a summer of no dance--we are ready to go again.
This picture was taken before her elementary talent show last Friday. She performed her solo and did so well. It was her first time performing it, and I was surprised at how well she remembered her dance. I admit that I was worried. But even if she had completely forgotten it, I will always believe that she is the greatest kid ever! We love her tons!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CUTE BLOG! It was fun to see you today. Let's do it again. I miss you already.