Saturday, March 8, 2008

The 17 Year Old

I still can't believe she is 17! Well, seventeen and a month. Time goes by soooo fast, it seems like JC was just 7. She is such a great girl, we love her tons. She is one of the hardest workers that I have ever met. In addition to going to school, she works 5 days a week at the front desk of a local hotel. The only problem is that she doesn't have a lot of time to spend with her dad, Tay and I. Even though it is exciting for her to be able to drive, work and be a teenager--we liked the good old days when we could just hang out together. The things that I love about her are too many to list, but a few are: she loves to play hard and work hard, she is not afraid to get dirty, when she is walking out the door she never forgets to say "I love you" and give you a kiss on the cheek, and she is very thoughtful of others and their feelings.
This past Christmas Eve, JC showed what a great heart she has. A lady frequently stays at her hotel because she doesn't have a home of her own or a family who consistently cares for her. JC has gotten to know this lady and wanted to do something nice for her for Christmas. JC paid for the lady's room that night and gave her a basket of food that we had put together. I cannot tell you how great that feeling was, to know that she would do something so kind for someone else. It was awesome! And we think that she is too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://kevinandamanda.com/scrapbook/fonts/fontsforpeas/

Check this out, I think you might like it...