Monday, May 19, 2008

The End of Dance. . .Almost




Tay's dance review was tonight. Which means that she is finished, or at least very close. This year we have a summer tour, but we are finished with dance practice, competitions and performances for a few weeks anyway. Yeah! Tay had 3 routines, a vocal performance and her solo. She is worn out, but she did great! And even better, Grandma and Grandpa were there to watch. One of Tay's favorite things about dance is her friends. The two girls in the picture have been her friends (and our neighbors) for years.
Jayce didn't get to come tonight. She is stuck at work and is realizing how much work is affecting her social life. She works full-time which leaves her no time to be a teenager. Hopefully, that will change soon.
Last weekend, my parents, Kenze and three of her friends came down from Idaho. Tay was on cloud 9. She thinks that Aubrey and Kenzie D. are her friends too. We had fun visiting with them all and spent a few hours at Lagoon while the girl's competed in a dance competition. One thing is certain--we spend a lot of time involved with dance in some form or another. My dear husband is a real trooper! He never complains and is such a supportive dad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You do watch a lot of dancing. You could do it yourself I bet!

Jaime said...

I love the picture of Em, Cec, and Tay together! I would love a copy for her scrapbook. I have to figure out how to copy the camcorder to DVD for you and I'll get it to you soon!
-Jaime

leslie jo said...

Mel,
Tatertot is so cute! I just found your blog off ali's so fun to see what family is doing. Take Care