Monday, June 2, 2008

Graduation at SHS













The class of 2008 graduated from SHS last Friday. We drove to Idaho to see my little sister, Mykenze, graduate. Kenze looked beautiful! It is amazing to me how quickly she has grown up. She is a great person and I am truly blessed to have her in my life. I am excited for her to start the new adventures in her life but a little sad that she is old enough to be on her own. We have loved watching her become the smart, sweet and fun person that she is.
Good luck! We love you Kenze!
Having grown up in a small town--and graduated from one, I can honestly say that I much prefer their graduations to the ones that I have attended for larger schools. Not only because they are generally shorter in length, but because they are much more personal. Everyone knows everyone else. There were less than 100 graduates, and for the most part they have grown up together. A highlight for my sister was receiving her diploma from my dad. We have all had that privelege, even though I am sure that there were times that we wished our dad wasn't at school to know our every move. This year marked the 22nd graduation that he has participated in and the end of our family attending SHS. I didn't graduate 22 years ago, but let's be honest--it wasn't too many years later that I did! And, we were able to spend the weekend with my parents, sisters, and brother!


2 comments:

leslie jo said...

your sister is gorgeous. I loved the graduation celebration, I agree big school graduations are soo boring. I love the 2008 numbers neat.
Your Memorial Day looked fun that zipline must be new, can't wait to try it. Looks like a lots of fun.
That tatortot is sooo cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the pictures from graduation. Anna B looks beautiful as always. I don't remember our graduations being as nice as hers, so I guess times have changed (even though two hours of sitting in the hot high school gym could make you believe that time has warped and you are, once again, trapped in high school with no escape route).

I had a blast seeing you guys, and I can't wait to see you again over the 4th. I hope you and Tay had fun during your week in Salmon. Kisses!