Tuesday, July 22, 2008

4th of July

Yes, I realize that I have been a slacker. We have been out of town and playing a lot. So let me catch you up. We went to Idaho for the 4th of July. It is tradition. My sister Shelley and her husband Micah come in from Seattle, and the rest of us trek up from Utah. We usually only get to all be together a couple of times a year, so it is always great to go home for the 4th.

We watched some rather lame fireworks, the ones we bought were about as good.
Sophia is a firebug! It is a little scary.

Dylin and Tay--this is about as exciting of a firework as Tay enjoys. She is a bit of a wimp.

Kenze and Jayce--a little dressed up for just watching fireworks, wouldn't you say?


We raft the river every year, but this year the river was too high. We decided it would be a more enjoyable weekend if there were no drowning fatalities. So we spent a day at the lake on my dad's boat--dad couldn't go, mom was scared to get on the boat with us (we are apparently not as safe on the water as my dad) and Galen and Marji didn't get much fishing done, unless you count retrieving the cooler lid and Sophia's shoe. But we did have fun!









My brother, Galen

My sisters and I
One of the premier social events of the year in my hometown!
The demo derby--we never miss!



Family Pictures
Okay, it had been a few years since the last family photo. So we had them taken by the river and at my great-grandparents old ranch. These are just some snapshots my sister took during our session.






The ones that the photographer took didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but they will work. Isn't the scenery great? I love to go home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh good. Here is some of you, you look great! Jaycee is getting so old! WOW. I guess I have known you a while now...

Now I'm sort of getting all nostalgic and missing you...