Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Celebrating the 24th of July!

One month later, aren't you still wondering what we did over the weekend of the 24th of July? Probably not, but I am trying to catch up (AGAIN!) and I loved these pictures.
We loaded up the boys and Tay and headed to the cabin. Jay and Sharon had arranged a BIG 4-wheeler ride for Saturday and they weren't kidding. We rode for 8 hours for a total of 65 miles. The kids were great! I was so tired by the end as I am sure they were. But there were no complaints.
Tay, Carter, Mike
At the top of the first ridge--they are still smiling

There were so many wildflowers, it was gorgeous!


Just a small section of the road we traveled on!

It was a little dusty!


A soggy picnic with Grandma and Grandpa H. thanks to the rain

Almost the end of the ride and the kids 'patience!



On Sunday, the kids played in the creek with boats that Jay made them. They had a ton of fun in the creek!


Then it was down to the pool to dive, play on the slide and hijack other people's inflatible toys!





It was another lovely summer weekend!

1 comment:

Emily H said...

The boys had so much fun! You are the best for taking them!