Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tagged a few times!

Sorry for all of you who have tagged me. I am trying to catch up. Here goes...

Cute Husband Tag


It was the HAPPIEST place on Earth for Corb when Jasmine snuggled up to him!
1. Where did you meet your husband? My friend Pete introduced us at a party
2. How long did you date before you married? a year
3. How long have you been married? 9 1/2 years
4. What does he do that surprises you? Not much anymore, we'v been together for a long time!
5. What is his best feature? He has a great smile and a kind heart
6. What is your favorite quality about him? He is a great dad and a big tease
7. Does he have a nickname for you? My dear
8. What is his favorite food? Spaghetti, mexican anything and cheese
9. What is his favorite sport? Nascar
10. What is his favorite hobby? Hunting, anything that moves
11. When & where was your first kiss? May 9, 1998 out by Utah Lake
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? dinner, playing cards, going to concerts
13. Do you have any children? Two girls 17 and 7
14. Does he have any hidden talents? Of course, but if I told they would no longer be "hidden"
15. How old is he? 37 for a few more months
16. Who said I love you first? Not me!
17. What is his favorite music? It depends on the day. His music kills me, sometimes because I think that it is funny other times because it is so awful--anything old, country. He loves Willie.
18. What do you admire most about him? He is one of the hardest working people that I know. He forgives easily. He would do anything for the people he cares about.
19. What is his favorite TV show? Favorite channels are the hunting and history channels. He watches My Name is Earl (ug!) and whatever Tay and I can con him into.
20.Will he read this? Of course not!


Getting to Know You

(X) Gone on a blind date

(X) Skipped school (yes, even though my dad was the assistant principal in high school)

(X) Watched someone die

( ) Been to Canada

( ) Been to Mexico

( X) Been to Florida

(X) Been on a plane

(X) Been lost (which time?)

(X ) Been on the opposite side of the country

( ) Gone to Washington , DC

(X) Swam in the ocean ((well, waded in it actually)

(X) Cried yourself to sleep

(X) Played cops and robbers

(X) Recently colored with crayons

( ) Sang Karaoke

(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?

(X) Made prank phone calls

(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose

(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue

(X) Danced in the rain

(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus

(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe

(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about

(X) Blown bubbles

(X ) Gone ice-skating

(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors

(X) Gone to the movies

1. Any nickname? I do not enjoy being called Melly unless it is by a relative over 80

2. Mother's name? Linda

3. Favorite Drink? - Coke, fully leaded!

4. Tattoo??? Nope!

5. Body piercings?? Notta 1

6. How much do you love your job? It depends on the day. If I get to work with kids or help a teacher do something that really feels like it will make a difference then it is a good day at work!

7. Birthplace? Boise, Idaho

8. Favorite vacation spot? The places that I visit the most are Idaho and the cabin, two of my favorite places on earth. Otherwise, I love the Oregon Coast and Nashville was great fun too.

.9. Ever been to Africa ? no

10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? yep

11. Ever been on TV? Not to my knowledge

12. Ever stolen a traffic sign? Yes, a couple

13. Ever been in a car accident? YES, several but only 2 major ones

14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 DOOR SUV

15. Favorite salad dressing? Homemade or Litehouse Thousand Island (FYI Litehouse is made in Idaho)

16. Favorite pie? Peach or Apple Cherry from Lionhouse Pantry

17. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving or 4th of July

18. Favorite number? 6

19. Favorite movie? Too many to count but a few favs are Sixteen Candles (I am a product of the 80s), Walk the Line, Notting Hill, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sense and Sensibility, Four Weddings and a Funeral

20. Favorite dessert? Ben & Jerry's Coffee Health Bar Crunch, cheesecake

21. Favorite food? That is hard. I love great sandwiches, shrimp, pasta and good mexican food

22. Favorite day of the week? Saturday and Sunday (I get to sleep in)

23. Favorite body wash?? Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena or Mango Mandarin

24. Favorite toothpaste? Colgate

25. Favorite smell ? Tay's hair fresh out of the tub, Corb cleanly shaven and clean babies

26. What do you do to relax? Read, blog, read and watch TV

27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? getting older!


Joys, Fears, Goals, Obsessions, Facts about Me

3 JOYS

1. My family
2. Reading a great book or playing outside (rafting, fishing, 4 wheeling)
3. Peace and quiet

3 FEARS
1. Something happening to a member of my family
2. Letting someone down
3. Not being a good enough mom

3 GOALS
1. be better about having family night
2. bemore careful with money
3. finish my master's degree

3 OBSESSIONS
I don't think that I am obsessed with anything, but maybe--
1. blogging
2. taking pictures, mostly of Tay
3. keeping my house presentable, not to be confused with clean (but I do try)

3 Random FACTS
1. I grew up in Idaho in the middle of nowhere--truly. We owned a ranch that was 2.5 miles away from our nearest neighbor. I lived there until I was 13 and I wouldn't trade it for the world. As a result, I have raised and shown sheep and cattle, rode the bus for 90 minutes to go to junior high, gone to elementary school in a 2 room school house (k-2 in one room, 3-6 in the other), been taught where food really comes from and what a hard day's work truly is, and learned to appreciate the beauty of nature.
2. I am a news junkie. I love to watch the news and news programs and when I have the time read the paper.
3. I was a journalism major at the University of Montana for 2 years before changing to special education and transferring to Utah State.


3 Things that Drive Me CRAZY
1. spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
2. people using the word "retard"
3. when my family doesn't pick up after themselves

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mel!I'm not sure you are allowed to have a life outside of school...

Teasing, I love getting to know some of these things about you!

Emily H said...

Loved reading this! But does that mean I can't call you Smelly Melly?

The Buckingham Family said...

Hi Melanie & Corbet!
I went to high school with Corbet & Mark.
I think you are also good friends with my best friend Jamie & Mike D.
: ) Small world!
CUTE blog, I hope we can talk more.
~Natalie Pugh Buckingham